Chhattisgarh CM to resume Vikas Yatra from Aug 17
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh will resume his `Vikas Yatra` from August 17 which was suspended in the wake of the deadly Naxal attack on Congress convoy on May 25.
"Chief Minister Singh will re-start his yatra from Arang town of Raipur district on August 17 which will culminate at Ambikapur in northern Chhattisgarh on September 7," said BJP state spokesperson Shivratan Sharma on Sunday.
"Besides, his cabinet ministers and parliamentary secretaries will conduct their yatras in their respective regions from July 1 to July 10," he said.
In the remaining phase of the yatra, Singh will cover around 52 assembly constituencies and hold 65 public meetings, Sharma added.
Earlier, Singh had launched his vikas yatra from Dantewada in tribal Bastar in May to highlight the achievements of his government ahead of the assembly polls slated to be held by year-end.
However, it was suspended on May 25 after the deadly Naxal attack on Congress convoy in Jiram valley of Bastar district, leading to brutal killing of 29 people including former Union Minister V C Shukla, state Congress chief Nandkumar Patel, veteran leader Mahendra Karma and former MLA Uday Mudliyar.
Meanwhile, the chief minister has directed officials to make adequate security arrangements for programmes of all political parties, a senior official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre