Chhattisgarh CM vows to crush Maoists
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh Wednesday sought people`s support to crush Maoist guerrillas.
Speaking on Independence Day at the Police parade ground here, Singh branded the Maoists "anti-national" and said that their claim of fighting for the poor was falsehood.
He sought the support of the people in forested areas to isolate the Maoist insurgents.
The chief minister said tribal youths were given employment in police and other government departments to prevent them from joining the Maoists.
Besides, a number of development schemes have been lined up to ameliorate the plight of people living under the shadow of insurgency, he added.
The Maoists, he said, were "anti-national, anti-constitution, anti-development and anti-humanity".
He accused the Maosits of illegalities such as extortion as well as smuggling of drugs, arms and timber.
They also committed mindless violence against innocent villagers and security forces, he added.
Saluting those who died fighting the Maoists, Singh expressed the hope that Chhattisgarh will soon overcome the Maoist problem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video