Chhattisgarh coal mine blast toll rises to six
Raipur: With three more deaths, the toll in
the blast at coal mines of the South Eastern Coalfield Limited
(SECL) in Chhattisgarh`s Koria district on Friday rose to six.
SECL Deputy General Manager (Operations) S K Goswami and
his colleagues Nirmal Jangde and Radheshyam were killed in an
air blast at the coal mine at Anjani Hills in Chirmiri area
32 others were injured in the incident while six
employees were stated to be missing, M P Dixit, an official at
He said three persons undergoing treatment succumbed to
the injuries today. 16 other injured have been shifted to
Bilaspur for treatment.
According to officials, rescue work has been hampered
because of fire in the mine.
Meanwhile, state Labour Minister Chandrashekar Sahu said
action would be taken if Labour Law was violated in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Niti Aayog to hold consultations today with states on 15-year vision document
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel, 3 officials convicted; quantum of sentence to be declared today
- Alarm bells for Nawaz Sharif! Huge protests rock PoK, locals allege ISI rigged polls in favour of PML(N)
- Chill guys! There's still time for Deepika Padukone, Fawad Khan film
- Rio Olympics 2016: Narsingh Yadav's fate hangs in balance as NADA takes final decision today