Chhattisgarh coal mine blast toll rises to six
Raipur: With three more deaths, the toll in
the blast at coal mines of the South Eastern Coalfield Limited
(SECL) in Chhattisgarh`s Koria district on Friday rose to six.
SECL Deputy General Manager (Operations) S K Goswami and
his colleagues Nirmal Jangde and Radheshyam were killed in an
air blast at the coal mine at Anjani Hills in Chirmiri area
32 others were injured in the incident while six
employees were stated to be missing, M P Dixit, an official at
He said three persons undergoing treatment succumbed to
the injuries today. 16 other injured have been shifted to
Bilaspur for treatment.
According to officials, rescue work has been hampered
because of fire in the mine.
Meanwhile, state Labour Minister Chandrashekar Sahu said
action would be taken if Labour Law was violated in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...