Chhattisgarh coal mine blast toll rises to six
Raipur: With three more deaths, the toll in
the blast at coal mines of the South Eastern Coalfield Limited
(SECL) in Chhattisgarh`s Koria district on Friday rose to six.
SECL Deputy General Manager (Operations) S K Goswami and
his colleagues Nirmal Jangde and Radheshyam were killed in an
air blast at the coal mine at Anjani Hills in Chirmiri area
32 others were injured in the incident while six
employees were stated to be missing, M P Dixit, an official at
He said three persons undergoing treatment succumbed to
the injuries today. 16 other injured have been shifted to
Bilaspur for treatment.
According to officials, rescue work has been hampered
because of fire in the mine.
Meanwhile, state Labour Minister Chandrashekar Sahu said
action would be taken if Labour Law was violated in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic
- Govt panel for chilli-filled grenades, stun lac shells as alternatives to pellet guns
- iPhone 7? Apple Inc sends out invite for September 7 'special event'
- John Kerry's cavalcade got stuck in traffic jam caused by heavy rains in New Delhi
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams' camera zooms in on alluring views of these two places! - See pics