Chhattisgarh coal mine blast toll rises to six
Raipur: With three more deaths, the toll in
the blast at coal mines of the South Eastern Coalfield Limited
(SECL) in Chhattisgarh`s Koria district on Friday rose to six.
SECL Deputy General Manager (Operations) S K Goswami and
his colleagues Nirmal Jangde and Radheshyam were killed in an
air blast at the coal mine at Anjani Hills in Chirmiri area
32 others were injured in the incident while six
employees were stated to be missing, M P Dixit, an official at
He said three persons undergoing treatment succumbed to
the injuries today. 16 other injured have been shifted to
Bilaspur for treatment.
According to officials, rescue work has been hampered
because of fire in the mine.
Meanwhile, state Labour Minister Chandrashekar Sahu said
action would be taken if Labour Law was violated in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Hillary Clinton would be Democratic nominee: Feinstein
- Israel media: Police recommend indicting Netanyahu's wife
- Watch video: Giant Gorilla shot and killed to save 4-year-old child!
- AAP MLA Jagdeep Singh arrested on assault charges, later released on bail
- Red Bull apologise to Daniel Ricciardo for pit-stop bungle at Monaco