Chhattisgarh cop held for taking Rs 7,000 bribe
Raipur: A head constable was on Tuesday arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 7,000 from a man for disposing a complaint against him in Durg district of Chhattisgarh, anti-corruption bureau said.
"Vishram Singh Khare (56,) posted at Bori police station, was caught red handed while accepting bribe of Rs 7,000 from complainant Teekam Verma, for disposing a complaint against him," an ACB official said.
According to Verma, a resident of village Chikhla of Durg, a complaint of brawl was filed against him with Bori police station following which head constable Khare approached him demanding a bribe of Rs 20,000 for setting him free of it, the official said.
Meanwhile, Verma registered a complaint against Khare and later he struck a deal at Rs 7,000 with the policeman.
The trap was laid at the Bori police station and Khare was arrested while accepting the bribe.
A case under various sections of Prevention of Corruption Act has been registered against him, the official added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India