Chhattisgarh cop killed by suspected Maoists in AP
Hyderabad: A Special Police Officer (SPO) attached with the Chhattisgarh Police was allegedly stabbed to death by suspected Maoist militia members in Khammam district of Andhra Pradesh, police said on Thursday.
M Somaiah (36), working as SPO at Maraigudem police station in Chhattisgarh, died on the spot after being stabbed by a group of militia members last evening near Kommanapalli village under Dummugudem mandal of Khammam district, along the inter-state border with Chhattisgarh, they said.
Somaiah had come to Kommanapalli for a cock fighting event when he was attacked, a senior police official said, adding that Maraigudem police have registered a case in this regard.
A hunt is on to nab the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’