Chhattisgarh cop killed by suspected Maoists in AP
Hyderabad: A Special Police Officer (SPO) attached with the Chhattisgarh Police was allegedly stabbed to death by suspected Maoist militia members in Khammam district of Andhra Pradesh, police said on Thursday.
M Somaiah (36), working as SPO at Maraigudem police station in Chhattisgarh, died on the spot after being stabbed by a group of militia members last evening near Kommanapalli village under Dummugudem mandal of Khammam district, along the inter-state border with Chhattisgarh, they said.
Somaiah had come to Kommanapalli for a cock fighting event when he was attacked, a senior police official said, adding that Maraigudem police have registered a case in this regard.
A hunt is on to nab the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon