Chhattisgarh DGP slams CRPF for ignoring intelligence info
Raipur: Chhattisgarh``s Director General of Police (DGP), Vishwaranjan Singh, has slammed the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) for ignoring information provided to them by intelligence agencies.
Talking to reporters here on Thursday Singh said the state police had shared intelligence inputs with the CRPF regarding the presence and movement of Maoists in the area.
"When they were told one-two days before that there is Maoist movement in their areas, and they were asked to ambush them, and they agree that on that particular night they would set up the ambush, but next morning they were destroyed. So what``s the use of giving them intelligence information and asking them to set up the ambush during the night to prevent the Maoist movement?" he added.
His remark came a day after Union Home Minister P Chidambaram asked state governments to revisit plans relating to deployment of central forces.
Chidambaram also suggested that the CRPF be limited to executing specific operational objectives, rather than routine functions.
On Tuesday, at least 90 Maoists were involved in an ambush on a 63-strong CRPF road-opening party, which was returning to the unit after completing their tasks. It took place around 3 p.m. near Dhaudhai Police Station in Narayanpur.
The preliminary post-mortem reports said the Naxals pumped in three to four bullets into each of the bodies that were found. Several personnel had their throats slit, while others had their heads smashed and limbs severed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal