Chhattisgarh DGP slams CRPF for ignoring intelligence info
Raipur: Chhattisgarh``s Director General of Police (DGP), Vishwaranjan Singh, has slammed the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) for ignoring information provided to them by intelligence agencies.
Talking to reporters here on Thursday Singh said the state police had shared intelligence inputs with the CRPF regarding the presence and movement of Maoists in the area.
"When they were told one-two days before that there is Maoist movement in their areas, and they were asked to ambush them, and they agree that on that particular night they would set up the ambush, but next morning they were destroyed. So what``s the use of giving them intelligence information and asking them to set up the ambush during the night to prevent the Maoist movement?" he added.
His remark came a day after Union Home Minister P Chidambaram asked state governments to revisit plans relating to deployment of central forces.
Chidambaram also suggested that the CRPF be limited to executing specific operational objectives, rather than routine functions.
On Tuesday, at least 90 Maoists were involved in an ambush on a 63-strong CRPF road-opening party, which was returning to the unit after completing their tasks. It took place around 3 p.m. near Dhaudhai Police Station in Narayanpur.
The preliminary post-mortem reports said the Naxals pumped in three to four bullets into each of the bodies that were found. Several personnel had their throats slit, while others had their heads smashed and limbs severed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day