Chhattisgarh: Eleven Maoists arrested
Raipur: Eleven senior Maoist cadres were arrested on Thursday in the Bastar region of Chhattisgarh, police said.
The arrests were made from Mardapal area of the district, some 300 km south of state capital Raipur.
The Maoists were arrested after specific intelligence inputs. They were involved in a series of looting and attack cases in the interiors of the Bastar region for three years, an officer at the police headquarters here said.
The forested interior areas of Bastar region, which is spread over 40,000 sq km, is considered the nerve centre of Maoist insurgency in India since the late 1980s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley