Chhattisgarh: Four sisters, minors, suffer acid attack
Raigarh: Four minor dalit sisters received serious burn injuries when an unidentified youth allegedly threw acid on them in the district here, police said on Sunday.
A youth has been detained in connection with the incident.
"Four sisters aged between 4-16 years suffered burn injuries when an unidentified youth threw acid on them yesterday night at Kotmara village, 25 kms from Raigarh district headquarters, in Pusour area," Praphull Thakur, Additional Superintendent of Police said.
"They were admitted to Raigarh Metro Hospital. Three of them were stated to be out of danger," he said. The condition of the fourth girl was still critical.
The incident took place when the girls were returning from a religious discourse at night. The assailant had covered his face with a scarf.
Before the other people in the vicinity could react, he managed to escape.
Thakur said some old enmity could be the reason, and a youth had been taken into custody on suspicion and was being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites