Chhattisgarh: Four sisters, minors, suffer acid attack
Raigarh: Four minor dalit sisters received serious burn injuries when an unidentified youth allegedly threw acid on them in the district here, police said on Sunday.
A youth has been detained in connection with the incident.
"Four sisters aged between 4-16 years suffered burn injuries when an unidentified youth threw acid on them yesterday night at Kotmara village, 25 kms from Raigarh district headquarters, in Pusour area," Praphull Thakur, Additional Superintendent of Police said.
"They were admitted to Raigarh Metro Hospital. Three of them were stated to be out of danger," he said. The condition of the fourth girl was still critical.
The incident took place when the girls were returning from a religious discourse at night. The assailant had covered his face with a scarf.
Before the other people in the vicinity could react, he managed to escape.
Thakur said some old enmity could be the reason, and a youth had been taken into custody on suspicion and was being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?