Chhattisgarh: Four sisters, minors, suffer acid attack
Raigarh: Four minor dalit sisters received serious burn injuries when an unidentified youth allegedly threw acid on them in the district here, police said on Sunday.
A youth has been detained in connection with the incident.
"Four sisters aged between 4-16 years suffered burn injuries when an unidentified youth threw acid on them yesterday night at Kotmara village, 25 kms from Raigarh district headquarters, in Pusour area," Praphull Thakur, Additional Superintendent of Police said.
"They were admitted to Raigarh Metro Hospital. Three of them were stated to be out of danger," he said. The condition of the fourth girl was still critical.
The incident took place when the girls were returning from a religious discourse at night. The assailant had covered his face with a scarf.
Before the other people in the vicinity could react, he managed to escape.
Thakur said some old enmity could be the reason, and a youth had been taken into custody on suspicion and was being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi