Chhattisgarh: Four sisters, minors, suffer acid attack
Raigarh: Four minor dalit sisters received serious burn injuries when an unidentified youth allegedly threw acid on them in the district here, police said on Sunday.
A youth has been detained in connection with the incident.
"Four sisters aged between 4-16 years suffered burn injuries when an unidentified youth threw acid on them yesterday night at Kotmara village, 25 kms from Raigarh district headquarters, in Pusour area," Praphull Thakur, Additional Superintendent of Police said.
"They were admitted to Raigarh Metro Hospital. Three of them were stated to be out of danger," he said. The condition of the fourth girl was still critical.
The incident took place when the girls were returning from a religious discourse at night. The assailant had covered his face with a scarf.
Before the other people in the vicinity could react, he managed to escape.
Thakur said some old enmity could be the reason, and a youth had been taken into custody on suspicion and was being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem