Chhattisgarh govt allocated coal block to BJP MP`s firm: Congress
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Congress on Monday alleged that the Raman Singh government allocated a coal block to BJP MP Ajay Sancheti`s firm even though it did not fulfil the criteria for conducting commercial mining.
"Raman Singh government`s decision to allocate the Bhatgaon-II extension under Shankarpur coal block to SMS Infrastructure of Sancheti brothers has resulted into the loss of Rs 8,000 crore to the Chhattisgarh Mineral Development Corporation", state unit Congress president Nand Kumar Patel said.
The Centre in July 2007 allocated the Shankarpur coal block comprising Bhatgaon-II and Bhatgaon-II Extension to the Chhattisgarh Mineral Development Corp Ltd.
"Why did the CMDC did not undertake excavation (of coal) itself? On what basis did the CMDC award the mines developing works to Sancheti brothers` firm which has no experience in this regard and is merely a land developing and civil contracting firm?", Patel said.
Incidentally, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) in its audit report (Civil &commercial) for 2010-11 had in April pulled up the CMDC for accepting a single bid for commercial mining of coal from the block allocated by the Centre.
The CAG pegged the loss caused due to allocation of coal blocks at "abnormally low" rates at over Rs 1,052 crore.
According to CAG, the Bhatgaon-II Extension Block contained superior grade coal which is "scarce and highly priced".
Patel also alleged that Raman Singh government was creating "confusion" in minds of people by making public the simple procedure of allocation of coal blocks.
"The scrutiny of the applications seeking allocation of coal blocks is done by representative of the state government. It`s the duty of the state government to conduct a due diligence on eligibility of applicants," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’