Chhattisgarh Govt announces policies for four key sectors
Raipur: In a bid to attract investments, Chhattisgarh Government on Monday announced separate industrial policies for four key sectors.
The new policies, which will come into effect from November 1, will cover automotive, agriculture and food processing, information technology and solar energy segments, Chief Minister Raman Singh told reporters after a Cabinet meeting which approved them.
The agriculture and food processing policy aims at boosting the income of farmers, reducing farm input costs, increasing productivity and providing quality products to the people, he said.
Besides existing concessions, industries in the sector will be provided concessions like reduction in value-added tax (VAT), no entry tax for seven years and land acquisition at lower rates, among others, Singh said.
The policy for the automotive sector aims to attract investment of up to Rs 20,000 crore and provide 20,000 new jobs in the next ten years, the Chief Minister said.
Infotech companies setting up offices in the largely tribal-dominated state will be given land-related concessions, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price