Chhattisgarh Govt announces policies for four key sectors
Raipur: In a bid to attract investments, Chhattisgarh Government on Monday announced separate industrial policies for four key sectors.
The new policies, which will come into effect from November 1, will cover automotive, agriculture and food processing, information technology and solar energy segments, Chief Minister Raman Singh told reporters after a Cabinet meeting which approved them.
The agriculture and food processing policy aims at boosting the income of farmers, reducing farm input costs, increasing productivity and providing quality products to the people, he said.
Besides existing concessions, industries in the sector will be provided concessions like reduction in value-added tax (VAT), no entry tax for seven years and land acquisition at lower rates, among others, Singh said.
The policy for the automotive sector aims to attract investment of up to Rs 20,000 crore and provide 20,000 new jobs in the next ten years, the Chief Minister said.
Infotech companies setting up offices in the largely tribal-dominated state will be given land-related concessions, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- Yakub Memon's last words before he was hanged - 'I pardon you'
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment