Chhattisgarh govt hikes supplementary nutrition food fund
Raipur: Chhattisgarh government on Monday announced the hike in allocation of `supplementary nutrition food` fund meant for women and children under the Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) scheme.
The decision will benefit 49,000-odd Anganwadi centres in the state.
"The funds being given to around 49,000 Anganwadi centres for the distribution of supplementary food to children, pregnant and nursing women will be hiked", Chief Minister Raman Singh said while tabling the second supplementary budget in the Legislative Assembly today.
The state government will allocate more funds for providing nutritious food to tackle malnutrition and poor health, he said.
"Now, Rs 6 will be spent on the supplementary food for per child per day which was Rs 4 earlier, while for pregnant women the raise is at Rs 6 from existing Rs 5", Singh said.
The expenditure on procuring study material for Anganwadi centres is also given a prominent preference in the supplementary budget.
"For a pre-school kit, Rs 3,000 will now be spent instead of existing Rs 1000, the chief minister said, adding, similarly the funds for the medicine kit being provided at Anganwadi has been increased to Rs 1000 from Rs 600.
Singh said `Mahila Utthan Yatra` will be organised in every district under the aegis of Women and Child Development department to spread awareness about welfare schemes.
"A provision of Rs 50 lakh has been made for this purpose," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- India's growth may dip by 0.60% on Brexit, predicts Morgan Stanley
- Players did not lose faith in Hodgson: Wayne Rooney
- IND vs NZ: New-age Team India announce Kiwi-series fixtures in unique style
- EPFO aims to cover all workers under PF, pension by 2030
- Lionel Messi `God`s gift` to Argentina: President