Chhattisgarh govt hikes supplementary nutrition food fund
Raipur: Chhattisgarh government on Monday announced the hike in allocation of `supplementary nutrition food` fund meant for women and children under the Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) scheme.
The decision will benefit 49,000-odd Anganwadi centres in the state.
"The funds being given to around 49,000 Anganwadi centres for the distribution of supplementary food to children, pregnant and nursing women will be hiked", Chief Minister Raman Singh said while tabling the second supplementary budget in the Legislative Assembly today.
The state government will allocate more funds for providing nutritious food to tackle malnutrition and poor health, he said.
"Now, Rs 6 will be spent on the supplementary food for per child per day which was Rs 4 earlier, while for pregnant women the raise is at Rs 6 from existing Rs 5", Singh said.
The expenditure on procuring study material for Anganwadi centres is also given a prominent preference in the supplementary budget.
"For a pre-school kit, Rs 3,000 will now be spent instead of existing Rs 1000, the chief minister said, adding, similarly the funds for the medicine kit being provided at Anganwadi has been increased to Rs 1000 from Rs 600.
Singh said `Mahila Utthan Yatra` will be organised in every district under the aegis of Women and Child Development department to spread awareness about welfare schemes.
"A provision of Rs 50 lakh has been made for this purpose," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan