Chhattisgarh govt involved in Rs 5,029 cr sanitation scam: Congress
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Congress on Sunday alleged that the state government has awarded Rs 5,029 crore contract for maintaining sanitation of Raipur city for 30 years to a Bangalore-based firm under the influence of a senior BJP leader without considering its drawbacks.
"The state government ignored the objections raised by the Raipur Mayor and Congress corporators before awarding the contract to Bangalore-based firm Kivar Environ Private Limited," former MLA and AICC national spokesman for Chhattisgarh affairs Md Akbar said in a press conference here today, alleging tender scam worth Rs 5,029 cr.
The contract was allotted at behest of a senior BJP leader of Karnataka, Akbar said.
He, however, declined to disclose name of the leader saying it would unnecessarily create controversy.
Suspecting role of Chief Minister Raman Singh in the matter, Akbar demanded CBI inquiry into entire tendering process.
"Kivar company is running with 48 per cent of foreign investment, and what is surprising is the fact that its director Subhash Menon with whom the contract agreement was made, had left the company on March 20, 2013," Akbar said.
The tender was done for the period of 30 years that is from September 2012 to September 2042, he said.
As per the agreement, the company has to lift all types of garbage from the city and then process and recycle the garbage to produce fertiliser for sale.
It was also allotted 66 acre land for disposal of garbage.
"But the company had been violating all contract norms," he alleged.
The payment has to be made to the company only after it completes all those processes, Akbar said, adding the company was being paid full amount only for lifting the garbage from the city and dumping it elsewhere.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey