`Chhattisgarh Govt not serious about curbing malnutrition`
Raipur: Expressing concern over the magnitude of malnutrition problem in Chhattisgarh, Opposition Congress on Saturday alleged that the BJP Government was not serious about the health of children in the State.
Chhattisgarh Congress chief Nandkumar Patel and Leader of Opposition in Assembly Ravindra Chaubey said the prevailing problem of malnutrition among children was a matter of serious concern.
Despite this, the Raman Singh Government is not actively tackling this critical health issue, thus putting the future of society in jeopardy, they said.
Nearly 68 percent children in the tribal-dominated state are victim of malnutrition as they survive on unbalanced diet that lacks certain key nutrients, they claimed.
The BJP Government lacks political will to tackle this problem which is rampant in the state, especially in Sarguja and Bastar regions, the Congress leaders maintained.
They claimed that a six-year-old girl recently died of malnutrition at Karli village in Dantewada district.
The Centre-sponsored Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) is the biggest anti-malnutrition programme in the country. However, in Chhattisgarh ICDS has become a centre of corruption, Patel said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy