`Chhattisgarh Govt not serious about curbing malnutrition`
Raipur: Expressing concern over the magnitude of malnutrition problem in Chhattisgarh, Opposition Congress on Saturday alleged that the BJP Government was not serious about the health of children in the State.
Chhattisgarh Congress chief Nandkumar Patel and Leader of Opposition in Assembly Ravindra Chaubey said the prevailing problem of malnutrition among children was a matter of serious concern.
Despite this, the Raman Singh Government is not actively tackling this critical health issue, thus putting the future of society in jeopardy, they said.
Nearly 68 percent children in the tribal-dominated state are victim of malnutrition as they survive on unbalanced diet that lacks certain key nutrients, they claimed.
The BJP Government lacks political will to tackle this problem which is rampant in the state, especially in Sarguja and Bastar regions, the Congress leaders maintained.
They claimed that a six-year-old girl recently died of malnutrition at Karli village in Dantewada district.
The Centre-sponsored Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) is the biggest anti-malnutrition programme in the country. However, in Chhattisgarh ICDS has become a centre of corruption, Patel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 94 seats, BJP in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins in Mumbai; Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM grabs 5 seats in Solapur
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race