`Chhattisgarh Govt not serious about curbing malnutrition`
Raipur: Expressing concern over the magnitude of malnutrition problem in Chhattisgarh, Opposition Congress on Saturday alleged that the BJP Government was not serious about the health of children in the State.
Chhattisgarh Congress chief Nandkumar Patel and Leader of Opposition in Assembly Ravindra Chaubey said the prevailing problem of malnutrition among children was a matter of serious concern.
Despite this, the Raman Singh Government is not actively tackling this critical health issue, thus putting the future of society in jeopardy, they said.
Nearly 68 percent children in the tribal-dominated state are victim of malnutrition as they survive on unbalanced diet that lacks certain key nutrients, they claimed.
The BJP Government lacks political will to tackle this problem which is rampant in the state, especially in Sarguja and Bastar regions, the Congress leaders maintained.
They claimed that a six-year-old girl recently died of malnutrition at Karli village in Dantewada district.
The Centre-sponsored Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) is the biggest anti-malnutrition programme in the country. However, in Chhattisgarh ICDS has become a centre of corruption, Patel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family