Chhattisgarh govt reshuffles top bureaucrats
Raipur: In a major administrative rejig, as many as 23 bureaucrats, including 21 IAS officers and two officers belonging to the Indian Forest Service, have been handed new appointments by the state government.
"The order in this regard was released on last night from Mantralaya (Mahanadi Bhavan), Naya Raipur". The officials will continue to be in-charge of new departments till next orders are issued," a government release said on Wednesday.
While the chief principal conservator of forest (Produce) V Anand Babu has been posted as Special Secretary (Energy), another IFS officer Yunus Ali, currently posted as Director, Panchayat, has been shifted to Forest department as Principal Secretary, Chief Forest Conservator Office.
Among senior IAS officers, KDP Rao, Principal Secretary of Cultural and Tourism Department, has been given the additional charge as Director of Culture and Archaeology Department, whereas H P Kindo, the Special Secretary of Public Health Engineering (PHE) Department has been relieved of the charge of Director, Treasury and Accounts and Post.
Manohar Singh Paraste, holding multiple charges as Tribal Welfare Commissioner, Managing Director of Antyavyasyi Vitt and Vikas Nigam, Director of Tribal Affairs Research Training Institution, has been posted as Collector of Kabeerdham, the home district of chief minister Raman Singh.
The reshuffle mainly sees change of the guard at the level of district collectors and chief executive officers of Zila Parishads.
OP Choudhary, Collector of naxal-affected Dantewada district has been entrusted with the charge of Director, Public Relations, along with the additional charge of executing the state project for setting up livelihood colleges in all districts of state on the lines of Dantewada model.
Dilip Kumar Vasnekar, Collector of another naxal-affected district of Gariaband has been given the charge of Director, Women and Child Development Department.
He will be succeeded by Kondagaon collector Hemant Kumar Pahare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice