Chhattisgarh govt sanctions Rs 1200 cr for bonus of paddy farmers
Raipur: The BJP government in Chhattisgarh has sanctioned about Rs 1,200 crore to disburse a bonus of Rs 300 per quintal to farmers against their paddy, thereby fulfilling its poll promise.
To implement the election manifesto promise, the state government yesterday formally directed disbursal of bonus of Rs 300 per quintal to farmers for their paddy, an official said here today.
The first instalment of 50 per cent of the bonus will be provided through co-operative societies till July 15, for which the state government has allocated Rs 1,196 crore to Chhattisgarh State Co-operative Marketing Federation, he said.
Notably, Chief Minister Raman Singh had made budgetary provision of Rs 2,400 crore for providing bonus on paddy at the rate of Rs 300 per quintal in the current fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand