Chhattisgarh govt sanctions Rs 1200 cr for bonus of paddy farmers
Raipur: The BJP government in Chhattisgarh has sanctioned about Rs 1,200 crore to disburse a bonus of Rs 300 per quintal to farmers against their paddy, thereby fulfilling its poll promise.
To implement the election manifesto promise, the state government yesterday formally directed disbursal of bonus of Rs 300 per quintal to farmers for their paddy, an official said here today.
The first instalment of 50 per cent of the bonus will be provided through co-operative societies till July 15, for which the state government has allocated Rs 1,196 crore to Chhattisgarh State Co-operative Marketing Federation, he said.
Notably, Chief Minister Raman Singh had made budgetary provision of Rs 2,400 crore for providing bonus on paddy at the rate of Rs 300 per quintal in the current fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss