Chhattisgarh govt sanctions Rs 1200 cr for bonus of paddy farmers
Raipur: The BJP government in Chhattisgarh has sanctioned about Rs 1,200 crore to disburse a bonus of Rs 300 per quintal to farmers against their paddy, thereby fulfilling its poll promise.
To implement the election manifesto promise, the state government yesterday formally directed disbursal of bonus of Rs 300 per quintal to farmers for their paddy, an official said here today.
The first instalment of 50 per cent of the bonus will be provided through co-operative societies till July 15, for which the state government has allocated Rs 1,196 crore to Chhattisgarh State Co-operative Marketing Federation, he said.
Notably, Chief Minister Raman Singh had made budgetary provision of Rs 2,400 crore for providing bonus on paddy at the rate of Rs 300 per quintal in the current fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery