Chhattisgarh govt sanctions Rs 1200 cr for bonus of paddy farmers
Raipur: The BJP government in Chhattisgarh has sanctioned about Rs 1,200 crore to disburse a bonus of Rs 300 per quintal to farmers against their paddy, thereby fulfilling its poll promise.
To implement the election manifesto promise, the state government yesterday formally directed disbursal of bonus of Rs 300 per quintal to farmers for their paddy, an official said here today.
The first instalment of 50 per cent of the bonus will be provided through co-operative societies till July 15, for which the state government has allocated Rs 1,196 crore to Chhattisgarh State Co-operative Marketing Federation, he said.
Notably, Chief Minister Raman Singh had made budgetary provision of Rs 2,400 crore for providing bonus on paddy at the rate of Rs 300 per quintal in the current fiscal.
- Priyanka Chopra attends White House Correspondents' dinner, gets clicked with President Obama
- AgustaWestland scam: Manohar Parrikar to place all details about deal before Parliament on May 4
- READ: Rohit Sharma's touching hand-written letter to fans on his 29th birthday!
- `Obama out`: President gets in final laughs with US media
- Rajdeep Sardesai's exit from Twitter: REVEALED - Actual reason behind the journalist's walkout!