Chhattisgarh govt set to break backbone of copying in exams
Raipur: In a bid to check copying in the secondary and higher-secondary board examinations scheduled next month, Chhattisgarh government has come up with new
measures to avoid repeat of the past incidents, sources said on Friday.
Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education has intimated all the district collectors, assistant commissioners to tribal development departments and education officers about setting up of squads at district level for carrying out inspection at examination centers.
The secondary and higher secondary board examinations for class 10 and class 12 will be held between March 1 and March 29.
A circular by the state board has said that a nodal officer of the rank of joint collector or deputy collector will be appointed and he will report to the concerned district collector.
In total, seven squads will be formed to monitor the examination process at the zonal level.
Among other measures being mulled over included shifting the flying squad working in a particular zone after every three days during the course of examination.
Janjgir Champa district is notorious for instances of copying, both individual and mass copying.
Infamous among many incidents was that of a 12th class student topping the merit list in year 2008. It later came to light that Porabai achieved the fete by copying.
The state government had charged 18 persons, including principal and teachers of Porabai`s school in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends