Chhattisgarh govt set to break backbone of copying in exams
Raipur: In a bid to check copying in the secondary and higher-secondary board examinations scheduled next month, Chhattisgarh government has come up with new
measures to avoid repeat of the past incidents, sources said on Friday.
Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education has intimated all the district collectors, assistant commissioners to tribal development departments and education officers about setting up of squads at district level for carrying out inspection at examination centers.
The secondary and higher secondary board examinations for class 10 and class 12 will be held between March 1 and March 29.
A circular by the state board has said that a nodal officer of the rank of joint collector or deputy collector will be appointed and he will report to the concerned district collector.
In total, seven squads will be formed to monitor the examination process at the zonal level.
Among other measures being mulled over included shifting the flying squad working in a particular zone after every three days during the course of examination.
Janjgir Champa district is notorious for instances of copying, both individual and mass copying.
Infamous among many incidents was that of a 12th class student topping the merit list in year 2008. It later came to light that Porabai achieved the fete by copying.
The state government had charged 18 persons, including principal and teachers of Porabai`s school in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Manoj Bajpayee's 'Budhia Singh – Born to run' showcases the spirit of world's youngest marathon from Odisha – Watch
- Caught! Top model arrested in high-profile drug racket case — Know details
- Rs 40,000 crore Arunachal border road could be a liability, warns Indian Army
- Xiaomi Qicycle Electric Folding Bike: Features
- THIS Bollywood director has filed a defamation case against Kamaal R Khan! - Read more