Chhattisgarh govt to facilitate for free pilgrimage visit to disabled
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh has said his government will soon facilitate for free of cost visits of disabled persons to religious places.
"We have written a letter to the Railways to facilitate travelling for disabled persons of Chattisgarh to pilgrimage spots. Talks are on with railway officials for the same," the CM said while launching the `Mukhyamantri Teerth Yatra Yojana` ere yesterday.
As many as 1,000 pilgrims from Raipur and Baloda Bazar Bhatapara districts yesterday left on a four-day visit to Shirdi, Shani-Shignapur and Trimbakeshwar in the first batch of the scheme.
"Today, I feel that I am welcoming my parents and sending them for pilgrimage," Singh said welcoming the first batch of pilgrims.
Its a dream of every senior citizen to go on a pilgrimage and the scheme will provide once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to them, he said.
About 25,000 pilgrims will be benefited under the scheme in 2013 while 50,000 senior citizens will be provided with the facility next year.
As per the scheme started by the state social welfare department, persons of or above 60 years of age from BPL category will be able to avail the facility.
The Chief Minister said that officials of the social welfare department will constantly be in touch with pilgrims over phone and added that the train will have all basic facilities, including expert doctors to look after the health of pilgrims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested