Chhattisgarh govt to facilitate for free pilgrimage visit to disabled
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh has said his government will soon facilitate for free of cost visits of disabled persons to religious places.
"We have written a letter to the Railways to facilitate travelling for disabled persons of Chattisgarh to pilgrimage spots. Talks are on with railway officials for the same," the CM said while launching the `Mukhyamantri Teerth Yatra Yojana` ere yesterday.
As many as 1,000 pilgrims from Raipur and Baloda Bazar Bhatapara districts yesterday left on a four-day visit to Shirdi, Shani-Shignapur and Trimbakeshwar in the first batch of the scheme.
"Today, I feel that I am welcoming my parents and sending them for pilgrimage," Singh said welcoming the first batch of pilgrims.
Its a dream of every senior citizen to go on a pilgrimage and the scheme will provide once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to them, he said.
About 25,000 pilgrims will be benefited under the scheme in 2013 while 50,000 senior citizens will be provided with the facility next year.
As per the scheme started by the state social welfare department, persons of or above 60 years of age from BPL category will be able to avail the facility.
The Chief Minister said that officials of the social welfare department will constantly be in touch with pilgrims over phone and added that the train will have all basic facilities, including expert doctors to look after the health of pilgrims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31