Chhattisgarh govt to set up Law Commission
Raipur: A new Law Commission will be set up in Chhattisgarh to suggest changes in laws as per the geographical and social requirements of the State, Chief Minister Raman Singh announced in the Assembly today.
Some laws in Chhattisgarh are in force since it was a part of Madhya Pradesh. They became obsolete after Chhattisgarh became a new State in 2000. Some legislations need to be altered according to the geographical and social requirements of the State, he said during reply on the discussion on Appropriation Bill in the House.
With these objectives in mind, the Government will setup a new Law Commission, Singh said.
On the initiative of the State Government, a rail corridor project based on Public Private Partnership (PPP) model has been sanctioned.
Under this, a monorail project has been envisaged in the state capital, the Chief Minister said.
Under another PPP project between School Education Department and Super 30, a private coaching institute, a special programme will be launched to train students qualify for taking admission in reputed technical institutes, he said.
Lauding the development works of his Government in the past ten years, Singh said, "we will fulfil the expectation of the 2.50 crore people of the State who have shown faith in us for a third time. Every single penny of the budget will be used appropriately."
Chhattisgarh has performed well on parameters like providing electricity, education and drinking water to its people, the Chief Minister said.
The Government has launched a slew of welfare schemes like the Chhattisgarh State Food and Nutritional Security Act 2013, health insurance for the poor, distribution of free generic medicines in Government hospitals and employment guarantee programme, he said.
After the Chief Minister`s reply, the Rs 57,149-crore state budget for the financial year 2014-15 was passed in the Assembly by a voice vote.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference