Chhattisgarh has become hub of corruption: Cong
Raipur: Opposition Congress on Sunday alleged
that Chhattisgarh under the Raman Singh government has become
a "hub of corruption".
Speaking in the Assembly on the no-confidence motion
moved against the three-year-old BJP government, Congress`
Mohammed Akbar said Chief Minister Raman Singh wants the state
to become a hub of power, but Chhattisgarh has become a "hub
Referring to a recent incident where a retired government
employee stabbed an officer at collectorate here over delay in
getting pension, he said this incident reflected widespread
corruption in the administration.
Chhattisgarh is considered a mineral-rich state, but
the Mining department, which has been tasked with managing the
natural resources, is in shambles, Akbar maintained.
Contrary to the government claims, population of the poor
is steadily increasing in the BJP-ruled state, where mineral
resources are being exploited mindlessly, the Congress
Illegal mining is rampant in Chhattisgarh and a leading
company has accepted to being involved in this practice, Akbar
Speaking on behalf of the government, Panchayat and Rural
Development Minister Ramvichar Netam gave details about the
development projects being undertaken by the administration.
The no-confidence motion has been brought by the
Opposition without any conviction, Netam alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"