Chhattisgarh HC allows girl to live with her friend
Bilaspur: In a significant decision,
Chhattisgarh High Court has allowed a girl to live with
another girl, her friend, against her parents` wishes.
The division bench of Justices Dhirendra Mishra and
Ranganath Chandrakar said in the order yesterday that the
girl, Khushbu Jaiswal, can live anywhere she wants, being a
Khushbu, a resident of Gondia, and Neha Singhania from
Raipur were friends since childhood.
A few months ago, Khushbu wrote to Neha saying that her
parents had kept her in a near-confinement, and she wanted to
live with Neha, not with the parents.
Following which, Neha moved the High Court with a habeas
Khushbu`s parents did not produce their daughter when
petition was heard in March this year.
Finally, police produced her in the court, and she told
the judges that she did not want to live with her parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah