Chhattisgarh HC allows girl to live with her friend
Bilaspur: In a significant decision,
Chhattisgarh High Court has allowed a girl to live with
another girl, her friend, against her parents` wishes.
The division bench of Justices Dhirendra Mishra and
Ranganath Chandrakar said in the order yesterday that the
girl, Khushbu Jaiswal, can live anywhere she wants, being a
Khushbu, a resident of Gondia, and Neha Singhania from
Raipur were friends since childhood.
A few months ago, Khushbu wrote to Neha saying that her
parents had kept her in a near-confinement, and she wanted to
live with Neha, not with the parents.
Following which, Neha moved the High Court with a habeas
Khushbu`s parents did not produce their daughter when
petition was heard in March this year.
Finally, police produced her in the court, and she told
the judges that she did not want to live with her parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez