Chhattisgarh HC allows girl to live with her friend
Bilaspur: In a significant decision,
Chhattisgarh High Court has allowed a girl to live with
another girl, her friend, against her parents` wishes.
The division bench of Justices Dhirendra Mishra and
Ranganath Chandrakar said in the order yesterday that the
girl, Khushbu Jaiswal, can live anywhere she wants, being a
Khushbu, a resident of Gondia, and Neha Singhania from
Raipur were friends since childhood.
A few months ago, Khushbu wrote to Neha saying that her
parents had kept her in a near-confinement, and she wanted to
live with Neha, not with the parents.
Following which, Neha moved the High Court with a habeas
Khushbu`s parents did not produce their daughter when
petition was heard in March this year.
Finally, police produced her in the court, and she told
the judges that she did not want to live with her parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'