Chhattisgarh HC allows girl to live with her friend
Bilaspur: In a significant decision,
Chhattisgarh High Court has allowed a girl to live with
another girl, her friend, against her parents` wishes.
The division bench of Justices Dhirendra Mishra and
Ranganath Chandrakar said in the order yesterday that the
girl, Khushbu Jaiswal, can live anywhere she wants, being a
Khushbu, a resident of Gondia, and Neha Singhania from
Raipur were friends since childhood.
A few months ago, Khushbu wrote to Neha saying that her
parents had kept her in a near-confinement, and she wanted to
live with Neha, not with the parents.
Following which, Neha moved the High Court with a habeas
Khushbu`s parents did not produce their daughter when
petition was heard in March this year.
Finally, police produced her in the court, and she told
the judges that she did not want to live with her parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured