Chhattisgarh HC allows girl to live with her friend
Bilaspur: In a significant decision,
Chhattisgarh High Court has allowed a girl to live with
another girl, her friend, against her parents` wishes.
The division bench of Justices Dhirendra Mishra and
Ranganath Chandrakar said in the order yesterday that the
girl, Khushbu Jaiswal, can live anywhere she wants, being a
Khushbu, a resident of Gondia, and Neha Singhania from
Raipur were friends since childhood.
A few months ago, Khushbu wrote to Neha saying that her
parents had kept her in a near-confinement, and she wanted to
live with Neha, not with the parents.
Following which, Neha moved the High Court with a habeas
Khushbu`s parents did not produce their daughter when
petition was heard in March this year.
Finally, police produced her in the court, and she told
the judges that she did not want to live with her parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city