Chhattisgarh: Maoist attack feared on 10-member police team
Raipur: A 10-member police team led by
Additional Superintendent of Garibandh district of
Chhattisgarh was suspected to have been ambushed by Maoists in
a jungle close to border with Orissa.
The team led by ASP Rajesh Pawar was sent to Amamora
jungle following reports of Maoist movement in the area but
all contacts with the team has remained snapped despite
repeated efforts, said Additional Director General of Police
(anti-Maoist operation) Ram Niwas.
He said since Orissa police have informed its
Chhattisgarh counterpart, a big team of CRPF and STF have been
rushed to the area of the possible Maoist attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Banks to auction Kingfisher logo, ‘Fly with Good Times’ trademarks tomorrow
- Indian Premier League, Match 27: SunRisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - Preview
- NEET first phase will be held on May 1; Supreme Court declines Centre's plea, says let the exams go on
- CBSE challenges Kerala HC order allowing Hijab in exam hall for AIPMT 2016
- Now, BJP leader Prem Prakash Pandey wastes gallons of water on daughter's wedding in Chhattisgarh