Chhattisgarh mine blast toll climbs to 11
Korba (Chhattisgarh): Bodies of all six
workers who went missing after an underground coal mine blast
in South Eastern Coalfield Limited (SECL) have been recovered,
taking the mishap toll to 11, officials said today.
Bodies of three miners -- S B R Raju, Tapan Kumar Sarkar
and Abhishek Mishra, were recovered by the rescue team since
last evening, SECL Chairman-cum-Managing Director M P Dixit
The team had spotted Raju`s body yesterday but could not
bring it out due to high temperature inside, following which
it resumed its operations this morning, he said.
Earlier this week, the rescue team had recovered bodies
of three other trapped miners.
The deceased have been identified as SECL Deputy General
Manager S K Goswami, his colleagues-- Anand Kumar Pal, Jagdish
Prasad, Radheshyam, Ravindra Shah, Dal Bahadur, Santosh Kumar
Yadav and labour contractor Nirmal Jangde, the official said.
Dixit clarified that the blast-hit Anjani hill coal mine
in Koriya would not be closed down, but precautions would be
taken to avert such incidents in future.
He said the coal production work will continue but after
making proper arrangements to prevent carbon monoxide leak.
An air blast in the Anjali Hill mine in Chirmiri area of
Koriya district on May 6 had left five persons dead, six
missing and 32 others injured when they were trying to fix a
carbon monoxide leak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?