Chhattisgarh Naxal attack: BJP demands narco test on Congress MLA
Raipur: Opposition Congress and ruling BJP continued to exchange barbs over the Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh, with the BJP on Saturday demanding a narco test on Congress MLA Kawasi Lakhma who was reportedly spared by the insurgents while other senior leaders were killed.
"Lakhma can give exact information about the conspiracy involved in the Naxal attack. The legislator has admitted that he had a conversation with Naxals before they released him during the attack", BJP spokesperson Ajay Chandrakar told reporters today.
He said Lakhma be subjected to the truth serum test as he could reveal more information about why some senior Congress leaders did not participate in the `parivartan yatra`.
While 27 people, including state Congress chief Nandkumar Patel, his son Dinesh, Salwa Judum leader Mahendra Karma among others were killed in the Naxal ambush on May 25, Karma`s PSO, who was critically injured in the attack succumbed to injuries today, taking the death toll in the tragedy to 28.
"Union minister of state Charandas Mahant and opposition leader in state Assembly, Ravindra Choubey did not join the parivartan rally and appeared only after the Naxal attack... Where were they?" Chandrakar asked.
Hitting back at the ruling party, Congress said that Chief Minister Raman Singh should undergo the narco analysis test as he has admitted of security lapses that could not prevent the attack.
"Congress believes that chief minister and his officials should face the specific test as more facts can surface in doing so", party spokesperson Shailesh Trivedi told reporters in the evening.
Responding to BJP`s allegation that why Mahant and Choubey did not join the rally, Trivedi said both the leaders were not scheduled to participate in the parivartan yatra.
"It is BJP which had conspired to kill all the top Congress leaders. The statement given by BJP shows how frustrated they are when they saw Mahant and Choubey alive", he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray