Chhattisgarh Naxal attack: Families of Karma, Patel get enhanced security
Raipur: The Chhattisgarh government has tightened security arrangements of the families of senior Congress leaders Nand Kumar Patel and Mahendra Karma, who were killed in a Maoist attack on Saturday in Bastar.
"Mahendra Karma`s family will be given Z-plus level security cover, while Patel`s family would be secured by a Z level security," an official spokesman said.
Chief Minister Raman Singh has already directed the police to step up security of families of slain Congress leaders.
According to Karma`s relative, they have received a threat letter from Maoists late evening after which they informed the police about it.
Karma and Patel were killed when the heavily-armed Maoists ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district on Saturday, killing 27 people, including 11 Congress leader and injured 32 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Militants kill cop, snatch weapon from another in Kashmir
- Arms training: Bajrang Dal's Ayodhya chief Mahesh Mishra arrested over charges of inciting religious hatred
- Left, Congress call for people's movement against Trinamool 'terror'
- SP main rival in UP polls, not decided on CM face: Amit Shah
- Pope prays to 'convert hearts' of Islamic State jihadists