Chhattisgarh Naxal attack: Families of Karma, Patel get enhanced security
Raipur: The Chhattisgarh government has tightened security arrangements of the families of senior Congress leaders Nand Kumar Patel and Mahendra Karma, who were killed in a Maoist attack on Saturday in Bastar.
"Mahendra Karma`s family will be given Z-plus level security cover, while Patel`s family would be secured by a Z level security," an official spokesman said.
Chief Minister Raman Singh has already directed the police to step up security of families of slain Congress leaders.
According to Karma`s relative, they have received a threat letter from Maoists late evening after which they informed the police about it.
Karma and Patel were killed when the heavily-armed Maoists ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district on Saturday, killing 27 people, including 11 Congress leader and injured 32 others.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler