Chhattisgarh Naxal attack: Families of Karma, Patel get enhanced security
Raipur: The Chhattisgarh government has tightened security arrangements of the families of senior Congress leaders Nand Kumar Patel and Mahendra Karma, who were killed in a Maoist attack on Saturday in Bastar.
"Mahendra Karma`s family will be given Z-plus level security cover, while Patel`s family would be secured by a Z level security," an official spokesman said.
Chief Minister Raman Singh has already directed the police to step up security of families of slain Congress leaders.
According to Karma`s relative, they have received a threat letter from Maoists late evening after which they informed the police about it.
Karma and Patel were killed when the heavily-armed Maoists ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district on Saturday, killing 27 people, including 11 Congress leader and injured 32 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!