Chhattisgarh Naxal attack: Families of Karma, Patel get enhanced security
Raipur: The Chhattisgarh government has tightened security arrangements of the families of senior Congress leaders Nand Kumar Patel and Mahendra Karma, who were killed in a Maoist attack on Saturday in Bastar.
"Mahendra Karma`s family will be given Z-plus level security cover, while Patel`s family would be secured by a Z level security," an official spokesman said.
Chief Minister Raman Singh has already directed the police to step up security of families of slain Congress leaders.
According to Karma`s relative, they have received a threat letter from Maoists late evening after which they informed the police about it.
Karma and Patel were killed when the heavily-armed Maoists ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district on Saturday, killing 27 people, including 11 Congress leader and injured 32 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani