Chhattisgarh Naxal attack: Families of Karma, Patel get enhanced security
Raipur: The Chhattisgarh government has tightened security arrangements of the families of senior Congress leaders Nand Kumar Patel and Mahendra Karma, who were killed in a Maoist attack on Saturday in Bastar.
"Mahendra Karma`s family will be given Z-plus level security cover, while Patel`s family would be secured by a Z level security," an official spokesman said.
Chief Minister Raman Singh has already directed the police to step up security of families of slain Congress leaders.
According to Karma`s relative, they have received a threat letter from Maoists late evening after which they informed the police about it.
Karma and Patel were killed when the heavily-armed Maoists ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district on Saturday, killing 27 people, including 11 Congress leader and injured 32 others.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro
- Terror attack foiled in Saudi Arabia
- US puts Germany, China on watchlist for economic surpluses