Chhattisgarh: Naxal `commander` arrested
Raipur: A Naxal `commander` wanted in 43 cases and carrying a reward of Rs 67,000 on his head, was arrested in a joint operation conducted by the police and Border Security Force jawans, officials said on Thursday.
SP (Kanker district) Rahul Bhagat said alleged Naxal `commander` Pandu Ram Aanchala was arrested in Krugalmaspi village in the district.
He said police had received information about the movement of Maoists around Partapur region, following which district police and BSF jawans had reached the area.
The area was cordoned off and Aanchala arrested, Bhagat said, adding, he was being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!