Chhattisgarh: Naxal `commander` arrested
Raipur: A Naxal `commander` wanted in 43 cases and carrying a reward of Rs 67,000 on his head, was arrested in a joint operation conducted by the police and Border Security Force jawans, officials said on Thursday.
SP (Kanker district) Rahul Bhagat said alleged Naxal `commander` Pandu Ram Aanchala was arrested in Krugalmaspi village in the district.
He said police had received information about the movement of Maoists around Partapur region, following which district police and BSF jawans had reached the area.
The area was cordoned off and Aanchala arrested, Bhagat said, adding, he was being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash