Chhattisgarh: Naxalite commander arrested
Raipur: A senior Naxal commander, carrying a prize of Rs 25,000 on his head, was arrested by police in Balrampur district of the state, police said on Tuesday.
Acting on a tip-off, police cordoned off the Chandan Nagar village in Balrampur and managed to nab sub-zonal Naxal commander - Tunesh Lakda when he arrived there on May 13, Superintendent of Police Jitendra Singh Meena said.
Lakda, hailing from Jharkhand, was wanted in several cases of murder and other serious offences, police said.
During interrogation, the Naxalite confessed to his crimes, he said, adding that further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Turkish army killed suspected IS militants at Syria border - security sources
- Mehbooba Mufti takes oath as member of Jammu and Kashmir Assembly
- Brexit campaigner Gove bids to succeed Cameron as UK premier
- Turkey detains 13 suspects over Istanbul airport attack
- Taliban suicide bombers attack Afghan police; dozens killed