Chhattisgarh: Naxalite commander arrested
Raipur: A senior Naxal commander, carrying a prize of Rs 25,000 on his head, was arrested by police in Balrampur district of the state, police said on Tuesday.
Acting on a tip-off, police cordoned off the Chandan Nagar village in Balrampur and managed to nab sub-zonal Naxal commander - Tunesh Lakda when he arrived there on May 13, Superintendent of Police Jitendra Singh Meena said.
Lakda, hailing from Jharkhand, was wanted in several cases of murder and other serious offences, police said.
During interrogation, the Naxalite confessed to his crimes, he said, adding that further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued