Chhattisgarh opens three counter-insurgency schools
Raipur: Chhattisgarh, the state worst hit by Maoist violence, Friday announced the opening of three counter-insurgency and anti-terrorism schools to train policemen to take on the left wing rebels.
The three schools have come up at Mana area on outskirts of state capital Raipur, at Rajnandgaon bordering Maharashtra, and Jagdalpur, considered the nerve centre of Maoist insurgents, a statement said.
The statement informed that the schools were opened Thursday and "experts drawn from the army, central paramilitary forces and police will train Chhattisgarh Police `jawans` on how to take effective steps against insurgency and terrorism".
Chhattisgarh already has a Counter Terrorism and Jungle Warfare College (CTJWC) in Kanker that has trained nearly 7,000 policemen from various states since mid-2005. The school`s motto is to "take on guerrilla like a guerrilla".
Officials at the police headquarters here say that over 2,000 people, including 1,000 civilians, have been killed in Maoist violence since the state was carved out of Madhya Pradesh in November 2000.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark