Chhattisgarh police not prepared to tackle Maoists: CM
Jamshedpur: Chhattisgarh police is not
prepared to face the guerrilla war waged by Maoists, state
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Saturday said and emphasised the need
for two-pronged integrated action plan to tackle the menace in
To take on the ultras, the Chhattisgarh government has
started a training college for the state police, Singh, who is
here to campaign for BJP for the coming Jharkhand assembly
polls, told a press conference here.
"The integrated action plan should be formulated jointly
by the Centre and the Maoist-hit states and besides combing
operations, it should include all-round development including
improvement of infrastructure in the areas badly hit by the
menace", he said.
The government should provide land to villagers, develop
it for agriculture and provide facilities, he said adding a
surrender policy should also be formed to bring the naxals
back into the mainstream of the society.
Stating that the problems being faced by Jharkhand and
Chhattisgarh are similar, Singh said political instability in
the former has caused a heavy damage to the mineral-rich state
and blamed Congress and JMM for installing Madhu Koda,
allegedly involved in a money laundering case, to the chief
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what