Chhattisgarh SHO suspended for not registering rape complaint
Bilaspur: A police officer was today suspended in Chhattisgarh for allegedly refusing to register a rape complaint.
CL Singh, Station House Officer (SHO) working in Gaurela police station, over 90 kms from here, has been suspended for refusing to register the rape complaint sought to be lodged by a tribal woman, Bilaspur Superintendent of Police Ratanlal Dangi told PTI.
The woman, a native of Bilaspur, claimed that she was raped by an auto driver on December 18 in a forested area under Kewchi block of this district, he said.
The victim initially did not file a complaint fearing adverse reaction from the society. After eight days of the incident, she mustered the courage and went to lodge the complaint along with her husband, but the SHO allegedly refused to do so following which the couple approached the SP.
A case has been registered and efforts were on to trace the auto driver, Dangi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead