Chhattisgarh SHO suspended for not registering rape complaint
Bilaspur: A police officer was today suspended in Chhattisgarh for allegedly refusing to register a rape complaint.
CL Singh, Station House Officer (SHO) working in Gaurela police station, over 90 kms from here, has been suspended for refusing to register the rape complaint sought to be lodged by a tribal woman, Bilaspur Superintendent of Police Ratanlal Dangi told PTI.
The woman, a native of Bilaspur, claimed that she was raped by an auto driver on December 18 in a forested area under Kewchi block of this district, he said.
The victim initially did not file a complaint fearing adverse reaction from the society. After eight days of the incident, she mustered the courage and went to lodge the complaint along with her husband, but the SHO allegedly refused to do so following which the couple approached the SP.
A case has been registered and efforts were on to trace the auto driver, Dangi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail