Chhattisgarh SHO suspended for not registering rape complaint
Bilaspur: A police officer was today suspended in Chhattisgarh for allegedly refusing to register a rape complaint.
CL Singh, Station House Officer (SHO) working in Gaurela police station, over 90 kms from here, has been suspended for refusing to register the rape complaint sought to be lodged by a tribal woman, Bilaspur Superintendent of Police Ratanlal Dangi told PTI.
The woman, a native of Bilaspur, claimed that she was raped by an auto driver on December 18 in a forested area under Kewchi block of this district, he said.
The victim initially did not file a complaint fearing adverse reaction from the society. After eight days of the incident, she mustered the courage and went to lodge the complaint along with her husband, but the SHO allegedly refused to do so following which the couple approached the SP.
A case has been registered and efforts were on to trace the auto driver, Dangi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Javed Miandad asks Misbah-ul-Haq to call off retirement plans to ensure Pakistan's future success
- Salman Khan's sister Arpita's house robbed; cash, goods worth Rs 3.25 lakh stolen
- Severe obesity alone can increase heart failure risk
- Fertilizer factory tank leaks, 35 ill in Bangladesh
- Pace of new bad loan formation has decelerated: RBI