Chhattisgarh SHO suspended for not registering rape complaint
Bilaspur: A police officer was today suspended in Chhattisgarh for allegedly refusing to register a rape complaint.
CL Singh, Station House Officer (SHO) working in Gaurela police station, over 90 kms from here, has been suspended for refusing to register the rape complaint sought to be lodged by a tribal woman, Bilaspur Superintendent of Police Ratanlal Dangi told PTI.
The woman, a native of Bilaspur, claimed that she was raped by an auto driver on December 18 in a forested area under Kewchi block of this district, he said.
The victim initially did not file a complaint fearing adverse reaction from the society. After eight days of the incident, she mustered the courage and went to lodge the complaint along with her husband, but the SHO allegedly refused to do so following which the couple approached the SP.
A case has been registered and efforts were on to trace the auto driver, Dangi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- DNA : Today in History, 26th July, 2016
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Male hormones can turn back cell aging!
- DCW chief booked for naming Dalit rape victim, says not scared
- Delhi: Raped by 30-yr-old man, 4-yr-old girl undergoes surgery
- Strong need of creating awareness on organ donation: Experts
- Narendra Modi's silence on Dalit assault devaluation of PM's post: Congress