Chhattisgarh SHO suspended for not registering rape complaint
Bilaspur: A police officer was today suspended in Chhattisgarh for allegedly refusing to register a rape complaint.
CL Singh, Station House Officer (SHO) working in Gaurela police station, over 90 kms from here, has been suspended for refusing to register the rape complaint sought to be lodged by a tribal woman, Bilaspur Superintendent of Police Ratanlal Dangi told PTI.
The woman, a native of Bilaspur, claimed that she was raped by an auto driver on December 18 in a forested area under Kewchi block of this district, he said.
The victim initially did not file a complaint fearing adverse reaction from the society. After eight days of the incident, she mustered the courage and went to lodge the complaint along with her husband, but the SHO allegedly refused to do so following which the couple approached the SP.
A case has been registered and efforts were on to trace the auto driver, Dangi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'