Chhattisgarh short of 1,846 doctors
Raipur: Chhattisgarh, which has poor health facilities in the interior areas, is short of 1,846 doctors, the state assembly was informed on Friday.
"The state has 187 hospitals where 2,030 doctors are posted but still the hospitals are short of 1,846 doctors," Health Minister Amar Agrawal told the house in a written reply.
He said the health department had a massive budget of around Rs 155 crore for the 2011-12 fiscal and the government was striving to deploy doctors in all areas, even in remote pockets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city