Chhattisgarh short of 1,846 doctors
Raipur: Chhattisgarh, which has poor health facilities in the interior areas, is short of 1,846 doctors, the state assembly was informed on Friday.
"The state has 187 hospitals where 2,030 doctors are posted but still the hospitals are short of 1,846 doctors," Health Minister Amar Agrawal told the house in a written reply.
He said the health department had a massive budget of around Rs 155 crore for the 2011-12 fiscal and the government was striving to deploy doctors in all areas, even in remote pockets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered