Chhattisgarh starts sealing illegal cellphone towers
Raipur: The authorities in Raipur have begun sealing 144 mobile phone towers installed by cellular operators without obtaining permission, an official said on Friday.
"There are a total 333 mobile towers in Raipur and 144 of them have been installed by cellular companies illegally. We served a series of notices to them but they did not even respond and that finally forced us to begin the move to seal off these towers," a senior official in the urban administration department told a news agency.
He added that the Raipur Municipal Corporation had sealed 38 towers Thursday and the process for the other illegal towers would be completed soon.
The authorities have put those mobile phone towers in the illegal list that were installed without getting a no-objection certificate from the municipal corporation or those towers on rooftops of houses constructed illegally or in areas that were not approved by the corporation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened