Chhattisgarh: Three kids dead, 11 others sick after consuming toxic food
Raipur: Three children died while 11 others fell sick after allegedly consuming toxic food at their house in Chhattisgarh`s Mungeli district, the police said here on Wednesday.
Ten year old Ranjeeta, her younger sister Buddhi (8) and their cousin Gannu (6) died from suspected food poisoning in Shuklabhata village under Fastarpur police station limits last evening, Mungeli Additional Superintendent of Police SP Sahu told a news agency.
Prima facie, doctors have attributed the incident to food poisoning, though a probe is still on to find out the exact cause of the incident, he said.
According to the officer, the family of Rikhiram Yadav stays with families of his two relatives, namely Sukhiram and Mukhiram.
On Tuesday afternoon, elders of the family and women members left home for their work at noon after serving lunch to their 14 children.
Later, neighbours found the kids vomiting outside their house, after which their parents were informed, the officer said.
All the children were rushed to a local hospital in Mungeli where three of them were pronounced dead and others were admitted, he said.
Two of them, namely Nini (4) and Shyamu (11 months), were shifted to the Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Science (CIMS) at Bilaspur in a critical condition, while nine others were discharged after preliminary treatment, he said.
A case has been registered and a probe is on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites