Chhattisgarh: Three kids dead, 11 others sick after consuming toxic food
Raipur: Three children died while 11 others fell sick after allegedly consuming toxic food at their house in Chhattisgarh`s Mungeli district, the police said here on Wednesday.
Ten year old Ranjeeta, her younger sister Buddhi (8) and their cousin Gannu (6) died from suspected food poisoning in Shuklabhata village under Fastarpur police station limits last evening, Mungeli Additional Superintendent of Police SP Sahu told a news agency.
Prima facie, doctors have attributed the incident to food poisoning, though a probe is still on to find out the exact cause of the incident, he said.
According to the officer, the family of Rikhiram Yadav stays with families of his two relatives, namely Sukhiram and Mukhiram.
On Tuesday afternoon, elders of the family and women members left home for their work at noon after serving lunch to their 14 children.
Later, neighbours found the kids vomiting outside their house, after which their parents were informed, the officer said.
All the children were rushed to a local hospital in Mungeli where three of them were pronounced dead and others were admitted, he said.
Two of them, namely Nini (4) and Shyamu (11 months), were shifted to the Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Science (CIMS) at Bilaspur in a critical condition, while nine others were discharged after preliminary treatment, he said.
A case has been registered and a probe is on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie