Chhattisgarh to get Rs 130 cr for strengthening police stations
Raipur: Chhattisgarh will recieve Rs 130
crore from the Centre for strengthening more than 60 Naxal-hit
police stations in the state, official sources said today.
A decision in this regard was taken yesterday at a
meeting of Chief Ministers of Naxal-affected states, which was
chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, they said.
The meeting had cleared the proposal to fund the
strengthening of 65 police stations in the affected districts
at the rate of Rs 2 crore per police station.
Official sources said that Chief Minister Raman Singh
had demanded quick sanction of the fund and appealed to the PM
to give his nod for immediate induction of 3,000 Special
Police Officers (SPOs) in Chhattisgarh.
Singh also raised the issue of utilisation of 8 percent
of the forest land in the tribal state for building schools
and health centres for adivasis.
Eight percent of the total 44 percent forest land in
Chhattisgarh is covered by shrubs and bushes and cannot be
classified under forestland and hence it should be put to
better use by building infrastructure for development of tribals,
The Chief Minister also emphasised on the need for a
provision to contribute 10 percent of the revenue of public
sector units in the state to local area fund to promote
holistic development of the region.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US President Barack Obama hosts jazz concert at `Blues House`
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm