Chhattisgarh to get Rs 130 cr for strengthening police stations
Raipur: Chhattisgarh will recieve Rs 130
crore from the Centre for strengthening more than 60 Naxal-hit
police stations in the state, official sources said today.
A decision in this regard was taken yesterday at a
meeting of Chief Ministers of Naxal-affected states, which was
chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, they said.
The meeting had cleared the proposal to fund the
strengthening of 65 police stations in the affected districts
at the rate of Rs 2 crore per police station.
Official sources said that Chief Minister Raman Singh
had demanded quick sanction of the fund and appealed to the PM
to give his nod for immediate induction of 3,000 Special
Police Officers (SPOs) in Chhattisgarh.
Singh also raised the issue of utilisation of 8 percent
of the forest land in the tribal state for building schools
and health centres for adivasis.
Eight percent of the total 44 percent forest land in
Chhattisgarh is covered by shrubs and bushes and cannot be
classified under forestland and hence it should be put to
better use by building infrastructure for development of tribals,
The Chief Minister also emphasised on the need for a
provision to contribute 10 percent of the revenue of public
sector units in the state to local area fund to promote
holistic development of the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- LOL: Never ever say these annoying things to a tall person! – Watch video
- Max Landis writing 'Pepe Le Pew' movie!
- Demand to ban advertisements on fairness creams in RS
- Migaloo sighting alert! White humpback whale spotted off Australia's Byron Bay (See pic)
- 'Iron Lady' Irom Sharmila to end 16-year fast on August 9, contest elections in Manipur