Chhattisgarh to get Rs 130 cr for strengthening police stations
Raipur: Chhattisgarh will recieve Rs 130
crore from the Centre for strengthening more than 60 Naxal-hit
police stations in the state, official sources said today.
A decision in this regard was taken yesterday at a
meeting of Chief Ministers of Naxal-affected states, which was
chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, they said.
The meeting had cleared the proposal to fund the
strengthening of 65 police stations in the affected districts
at the rate of Rs 2 crore per police station.
Official sources said that Chief Minister Raman Singh
had demanded quick sanction of the fund and appealed to the PM
to give his nod for immediate induction of 3,000 Special
Police Officers (SPOs) in Chhattisgarh.
Singh also raised the issue of utilisation of 8 percent
of the forest land in the tribal state for building schools
and health centres for adivasis.
Eight percent of the total 44 percent forest land in
Chhattisgarh is covered by shrubs and bushes and cannot be
classified under forestland and hence it should be put to
better use by building infrastructure for development of tribals,
The Chief Minister also emphasised on the need for a
provision to contribute 10 percent of the revenue of public
sector units in the state to local area fund to promote
holistic development of the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?