Chhattisgarh to have nine new districts
Raipur: Chief Minister Raman Singh on Monday announced creation of nine new districts in Chhattisgarh with
effect from 2012.
Making the announcement while addressing the Independence
Day function here Singh said the new districts to be created
are Sukma, Kondagaon, Gariaband, Balaudabazar, Balod, Bamtera,
Mungeli, Surajpur and Balrampur, taking the total number of
administrative districts in the state to 27.
The Raman Singh government had in year 2007 declared
Narayanpur and Bijapur as new districts. The state government
has so far created 11 districts in the last four years.
The creation of new districts would become a milestone in
the history of the state as far as development is concerned,
Listing out achievements of his government, the Chief
Minister said the revenue of Chhattisgarh has touched Rs 14,
141 crore which is more than the funds of Rs 11,660 crore
allotted by the Central government.
Singh also said that his government was the first in
the country to disburse agricultural loans at the rate of
three per cent per annum.
Referring to Naxal violence in Bastar district, the
chief minister said the state government gained courage to
take over the Red ultras from the tribals.
He also listed out various measures to be implemented
for active participation of tribals in the mainstream.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical