Chhattisgarh: Youth Cong leader beaten up for asking question to CM?
Raipur: An office-bearer of Chhattisgarh Youth Congress has alleged the local police had beaten him up for asking a question to Chief Minister Raman Singh at a farmers` meeting held here on October 7.
Youth Congress general secretary for Raipur Lok Sabha constituency Anwar Hussain (30) charged he was bashed up by the police for putting a question to chief minister after the farmers` meeting held here, leading to a rupture in his left ear drum and he was experiencing excruciating pains in his stomach and back since the incident.
"I tried to hand over a memorandum to Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar attending a programme here on October 7. Since he (Pawar) did not accept my petition, I asked the chief minister during the programme organised by Indira Gandhi Agricultural university about the reason behind an anomaly between production of paddy and actual area under cultivation," Hussain told PTI/Bhasha.
"However, the chief minister accused me of being drunk and asked the police to take me out of the meeting.
"The police beat me up outside the venue for two hours. I sustained injuries on my back, stomach and ear in the attack," he alleged.
According to Hussain, he was first sent to a local jail and then shifted to Bheem Rao Ambedkar Hospital and again transferred to jail before his "unconditional" release on October 9.
He claimed doctors at Ambedkar Hospital told him about having a hole in his ear drum.
Raipur SSP Deepanshu Kabra rejected Hussain`s allegations saying he was attacked by the mob at the meeting being addressed by the chief minister when he tried to create a nuisance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!