Chhattisgarh`s commercial taxes collection up 22%
Raipur: Chhattisgarh`s commercial taxes revenue collection has risen by 22 percent till December 2011 compared to the corresponding period of the last fiscal, an official statement said Tuesday.
"The state has made commercial taxes revenue collection of Rs.4,402 crore by the end of the third quarter, Dec 31, 2011, of the current fiscal year, which is up 22 percent from the commercial taxes income made during the corresponding period in last fiscal year," the statement quoting commercial taxes minister Amar Agrawal said.
It added that the minister has instructed commercial taxes officials across the state to act hard against tax evaders and impose heavy penalty and register first information report (FIR) against those found evading taxes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL