Chhattisgarh`s domestic power tariff up 22 percent
Raipur: Households in Chhattisgarh will now have shell out 40 paise extra for every unit of power consumed as the tariff for domestic consumers has gone up by 22 percent, an official said on Friday.
"The power tariff for domestic consumers has been raised by 22 percent while tariff for industrial consumers has been increased by 12 percent," an official of the Chhattisgarh State Electricity Regulatory Commission told a news agency.
He said that domestic consumers, who were earlier charged Rs 1.82 per unit, will now have to pay Rs 2.22 for a unit of power consumed. The new prices will come into effect from April 1.
Reacting to the move, Congress state spokesperson Ramesh Varlyani said: "The decision to make a 22 percent hike for domestic consumers is completely surprising. I can`t understand why only a moderate hike in power tariff was made to industries while a steep hike for domestic consumers, we will protest the decision."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical