Chhattisgarh`s domestic power tariff up 22 percent
Raipur: Households in Chhattisgarh will now have shell out 40 paise extra for every unit of power consumed as the tariff for domestic consumers has gone up by 22 percent, an official said on Friday.
"The power tariff for domestic consumers has been raised by 22 percent while tariff for industrial consumers has been increased by 12 percent," an official of the Chhattisgarh State Electricity Regulatory Commission told a news agency.
He said that domestic consumers, who were earlier charged Rs 1.82 per unit, will now have to pay Rs 2.22 for a unit of power consumed. The new prices will come into effect from April 1.
Reacting to the move, Congress state spokesperson Ramesh Varlyani said: "The decision to make a 22 percent hike for domestic consumers is completely surprising. I can`t understand why only a moderate hike in power tariff was made to industries while a steep hike for domestic consumers, we will protest the decision."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered