Coal blocks issue: Cong hits out at Chhattisgarh CM
New Delhi: The Congress on Thursday hit out at Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh for "practising double standards" on the issue of coal blocks allocation and accused the BJP government in the state of violating conditionalities of the central government in that regard.
"Raman Singh has been repeatedly levelling allegations against the Prime Minister that companies were allocated coal mines in Chhattisgarh without any recommendation from the state government.”
"But Chhattisgarh Mineral Development Corporation (CMDC) did the same thing and got mines worth 500 metric tonnes in Orissa for supplying raw coal to a company under a joint venture. There is no recommendation by the Orissa government or by its Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik for the same," AICC general secretary BK Hariprasad said.
The Congress leader said that the coal block was allocated on July 25, 2007 to the company on the basis of the application by CMDC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters