Coal mine blast toll rises to nine in Korba
Korba: With the recovery of
one more body, the death toll in the South Eastern Coalfield
Limited (SECL) blast here today rose to nine, officials said.
SECL deputy general manager (Operations) S K Goswami and
his colleagues Nirmal Jangde and Radheshyam were killed and 32
others injured following an air blast at the coal mine at
Anjani Hills in Chirmiri area on May 6.
"Three more persons are feared to be trapped inside the
mine," SECL Chairman and Managing Director M P Dixit said.
Meanwhile, SECL president Parthsarthy Bhattacharya along
with top officials visited the site and said, "Officials
responsible for blast will not be spared."
The internal security agency is probing the incident on
the mine safety guidelines laid down by the Union Government,
Dixit said, adding, that an expert panel is also probing the
cause of the explosion.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference