Committee formed to stop child labour
Raipur: With a view to stop child labour
in Chhattisgarh, the state government has formed an Authority
Review Committee, official sources said Tuesday.
Through this committee, the state government has
decided to put a ban on children who are employed below 14
years of age, they said.
The state`s Chief Secretary has been appointed as the
President of the Committee alongwith nine other members, they
The committee has been formed to ban child labour in
the state, rehabilitating child workers and putting them into
other beneficial schemes, officials said.
Besides, the secretary of the Labour Department, the
members of the committee include secretaries of the Women and
Child Development department, School Education department,
Panchayat and Rural Development department, Central Welfare
Commissioner of Jabalpur and the state`s UNICEF project
leader, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore