Committee formed to stop child labour
Raipur: With a view to stop child labour
in Chhattisgarh, the state government has formed an Authority
Review Committee, official sources said Tuesday.
Through this committee, the state government has
decided to put a ban on children who are employed below 14
years of age, they said.
The state`s Chief Secretary has been appointed as the
President of the Committee alongwith nine other members, they
The committee has been formed to ban child labour in
the state, rehabilitating child workers and putting them into
other beneficial schemes, officials said.
Besides, the secretary of the Labour Department, the
members of the committee include secretaries of the Women and
Child Development department, School Education department,
Panchayat and Rural Development department, Central Welfare
Commissioner of Jabalpur and the state`s UNICEF project
leader, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack