Committee formed to stop child labour
Raipur: With a view to stop child labour
in Chhattisgarh, the state government has formed an Authority
Review Committee, official sources said Tuesday.
Through this committee, the state government has
decided to put a ban on children who are employed below 14
years of age, they said.
The state`s Chief Secretary has been appointed as the
President of the Committee alongwith nine other members, they
The committee has been formed to ban child labour in
the state, rehabilitating child workers and putting them into
other beneficial schemes, officials said.
Besides, the secretary of the Labour Department, the
members of the committee include secretaries of the Women and
Child Development department, School Education department,
Panchayat and Rural Development department, Central Welfare
Commissioner of Jabalpur and the state`s UNICEF project
leader, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery