Committee formed to stop child labour
Raipur: With a view to stop child labour
in Chhattisgarh, the state government has formed an Authority
Review Committee, official sources said Tuesday.
Through this committee, the state government has
decided to put a ban on children who are employed below 14
years of age, they said.
The state`s Chief Secretary has been appointed as the
President of the Committee alongwith nine other members, they
The committee has been formed to ban child labour in
the state, rehabilitating child workers and putting them into
other beneficial schemes, officials said.
Besides, the secretary of the Labour Department, the
members of the committee include secretaries of the Women and
Child Development department, School Education department,
Panchayat and Rural Development department, Central Welfare
Commissioner of Jabalpur and the state`s UNICEF project
leader, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Ireland and France urge quick 'Brexit' from European Union
- Mehbooba Mufti meets families affected by Kashmir violence
- Thousands bid emotional farewell as hockey legend Mohammed Shahid laid to rest
- Kudankulam unit 2 physical start-up process begun: Sources
- Derecognise AAP in wake of its activist's suicide: BJP