Committee formed to stop child labour
Raipur: With a view to stop child labour
in Chhattisgarh, the state government has formed an Authority
Review Committee, official sources said Tuesday.
Through this committee, the state government has
decided to put a ban on children who are employed below 14
years of age, they said.
The state`s Chief Secretary has been appointed as the
President of the Committee alongwith nine other members, they
The committee has been formed to ban child labour in
the state, rehabilitating child workers and putting them into
other beneficial schemes, officials said.
Besides, the secretary of the Labour Department, the
members of the committee include secretaries of the Women and
Child Development department, School Education department,
Panchayat and Rural Development department, Central Welfare
Commissioner of Jabalpur and the state`s UNICEF project
leader, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year