Complaint against MLA for revealing identity of rape victim
Raipur: Hitting out at the BJP government, the Opposition Congress on Tuesday alleged that a ruling party MLA had disclosed the identity of a rape victim of Raipur and demanded registration of FIR against him.
"BJP MLA Nand Kumar Sahu has disclosed the identity of the minor girl who was allegedly raped one month ago in the Urla area," Shaliesh Nitin Trivedi Congress spokesperson said.
"The law as it currently stands is not in favour of revealing the identity of the rape victim and the MLA has acted in a very insensitive manner," he added.
Sahu had recently met the victim to provide her assistance and later revealed her name and photograph which was totally irresponsible, Trivedi said adding that taking the matter seriously a case should be registered against the MLA.
Additional Superintendent of Police Lal Umed Singh said Congress party workers have given them a complaint letter against Sahu in this regard and they have begun an investigation into it.
No senior BJP leader was immediately available to comment on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- All you want to know about Krishna Janmashtami: Muhurat, puja vidhi and timings!
- Tillakaratne Dilshan to retire from international cricket after 3rd ODI, two T20Is against Australia
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi
- Mercedes to have petrol option for all models in India by September
- Battled empty seats at Olympics but Rio organisers witness record as 133,000 tickets get sold in 1 day for Paralympic Games