Complaint against MLA for revealing identity of rape victim
Raipur: Hitting out at the BJP government, the Opposition Congress on Tuesday alleged that a ruling party MLA had disclosed the identity of a rape victim of Raipur and demanded registration of FIR against him.
"BJP MLA Nand Kumar Sahu has disclosed the identity of the minor girl who was allegedly raped one month ago in the Urla area," Shaliesh Nitin Trivedi Congress spokesperson said.
"The law as it currently stands is not in favour of revealing the identity of the rape victim and the MLA has acted in a very insensitive manner," he added.
Sahu had recently met the victim to provide her assistance and later revealed her name and photograph which was totally irresponsible, Trivedi said adding that taking the matter seriously a case should be registered against the MLA.
Additional Superintendent of Police Lal Umed Singh said Congress party workers have given them a complaint letter against Sahu in this regard and they have begun an investigation into it.
No senior BJP leader was immediately available to comment on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials