Complaint against MLA for revealing identity of rape victim
Raipur: Hitting out at the BJP government, the Opposition Congress on Tuesday alleged that a ruling party MLA had disclosed the identity of a rape victim of Raipur and demanded registration of FIR against him.
"BJP MLA Nand Kumar Sahu has disclosed the identity of the minor girl who was allegedly raped one month ago in the Urla area," Shaliesh Nitin Trivedi Congress spokesperson said.
"The law as it currently stands is not in favour of revealing the identity of the rape victim and the MLA has acted in a very insensitive manner," he added.
Sahu had recently met the victim to provide her assistance and later revealed her name and photograph which was totally irresponsible, Trivedi said adding that taking the matter seriously a case should be registered against the MLA.
Additional Superintendent of Police Lal Umed Singh said Congress party workers have given them a complaint letter against Sahu in this regard and they have begun an investigation into it.
No senior BJP leader was immediately available to comment on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- 'Lights Out' sequel in works
- Damn funny! This is how every rich girl in the world is like—Watch video
- West Indies vs India: We need to work hard to make series even, says Phil Simmons
- Lindsay told me she's pregnant: Father
- Barack Obama slams Donald Trump for 'selling fear'; endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency