Compounder held for raping 13-year-old girl in Raipur
Raipur: A 13-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a 45-year-old compounder at a government primary health centre in Jashpur district of northern Chhattisgarh, police said on Sunday.
"Nirbhay Singh Paikra (45), a compounder at the primary health centre in Kardega village in the Tapkara police station area, has been arrested on charges of rape," said Tapkara Station House Officer (SHO), Rajesh Kumar Marai. The complaint in the matter was yesterday lodged by the girl.
According to the victim, a student of Std VIII, a case of skin irritation prompted her to visit the primary health centre yesterday.
At the health centre, the accused showed her to a room which he then locked from inside. Thereupon, on the pretext of treating her, he allegedly outraged her modesty, the SHO said.
But the girl raised a cry for help, which brought nearby villagers to her rescue.
After they had got the accused to open the door, villagers found the girl in an injured state inside. The matter was then referred to police.
"A case under Sections 376 (rape), 342 (wrongful confinement), besides Sections 3 and 4 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012, has been registered against the accused," the SHO said.
The accused has been remanded in police custody and a probe is on in the case, he added.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Anurag Kashyap will strike back with 'Raman Raghav 2.0' : Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Sonia Gandhi stashed bribe money in Geneva's Sarasin Bank?
- World record: 23-year-old Tobago batsman Iraq Thomas slams T20 century off 21 balls
- Donald Trump hints at taking India's help in dealing with `unstable` Pakistan
- Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo remains doubtful for 2nd leg against Manchester City