Cong demands President`s rule in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Main opposition Congress created a
ruckus in the Chhattisgarh Assembly on Wednesday demanding imposition
of President`s rule in the state over the reported attack on
villagers by security forces in Dantewada district.
Twenty-nine legislators were suspended for entering into
the Well of the House but their suspension was later revoked.
As the Assembly proceedings began, senior Congress leader
and former Chief Minister Ajit Jogi raised the issue of arson
in Tarmetla and said the party legislators who had gone to
visit the area yesterday were arrested.
Speaker Dharamlal Kaushik said that the opposition
members could put forth its side after the Question Hour.
To this, Leader of the Opposition Dharmajit Singh alleged
that Tarmetla was not governed by the state government but by
If legislators are being stopped from going to the area,
then what is the point in their asking questions, he posed.
In Tarmetla, villages are being burnt, there is no
facility for supply of medicines and food and journalists are
being stopped from visiting the place, Singh said.
Following this Congress members raised slogans. The
Speaker tried to continue the proceedings but had to adjourn
the House for five minutes following noisy scenes.
When the House reassembled, Kaushik said officials from
Tarmetla had informed the House about the arrest of Congress
legislators and stated that they were released on personal
However, the Congress members said the information
provided by the officials was wrong and the party legislators
had been released without any condition.
Congress legislators began slogan-shouting once again,
following which the Speaker adjourned the House for the second
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical