Cong has no clear policy on countering Naxals: Jaitley
Raipur: Senior BJP leader and Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley on Friday said the Congress had no clear policy on countering Naxalism, and it was the BJP-ruled Chhattisgarh which showed the way on how to tackle the ultras.
"Congress has no clear policy on countering Naxalism... It is Chhattisgarh which has shown the way on measures to counter insurgency due to its clear policy," Jaitley said.
Attacking the Centre over price rise, he said consistent rise in prices of vegetables and petroleum products had made the poor and the middle classes to stand against Congress.
Referring to Ajit Jogi`s tenure as Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh, Jaitely said the state was under a "black rule" before 2003 and since BJP took over the government it started achieving "double digit growth" under the BJP.
The Food Security Law of Chhattisgarh was better than the Centre`s, as it has wider coverage, volume and the breadth, he claimed.
Exuding confidence of better performance in the Assembly elections in five states including Chhattisgarh, Jaitley said the results would have impact on the next year`s Lok Sabha elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video