Cong moves no-trust motion against Raman Singh govt
Raipur: On the first day of the winter
session of the Chhattisgarh assembly, the main opposition
Congress on Thursday tabled a no-confidence motion against the Raman
Singh government, which will come for discussion on Wednesday.
The House also witnessed a debate between the members of
the ruling BJP and the opposition about the discussion on the
While allowing permission for the no-trust motion to be
tabled in the state cabinet, Speaker Dharamlal Kaushik
informed the House that Congress has moved the motion in the
House.He also called for a discussion on the issue.
Following the Speaker`s permission, the Parliamentary
Affairs Minister Brijmohan Agrawal said the government is
ready to give its reply on the motion.
However, the Leader of the Opposition Ravindra Choubey
requested the Speaker to fix a later date so that a detailed
discussion on the subject takes place.
On this, Agrawal said that the party, which had filed the
no-trust motion, itself is running away from the discussion,
as it has no valid points.
Replying to this, CPCC president and senior Congress
member Nand Kumar Patel said that they were not running from
the discussion, but instead want a serious talk on the issue.
Later, the Speaker fixed Friday as the day for discussion
on the motion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal