Congress leaders booked for insulting flag on Sonia`s birthday
Raipur: Two senior Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh have been booked for cutting a cake designed like the national flag on the birth anniversary of party president Sonia Gandhi, police said on Sunday.
The two Congressmen, state general secretary Subhash Sharma and Raipur city unit president Inderchand Dhariwal, were booked under Section 2 of the Prevention of Insults to National Honour Act, 1971.
"It`s a very serious offence. We have registered the complaint as all local dailies carried photographs of the Congress leaders cutting the tri-coloured cake at the state party headquarters on Thursday," police inspector IH Khan said.
Chhattisgarh`s ruling Bharatiya Janata Party has sought immediate action against the two.
Sources say state Congress president Dhanendra Sahu and some other senior leaders have expressed their strong displeasure over the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark