Congress leaders booked for insulting flag on Sonia`s birthday
Raipur: Two senior Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh have been booked for cutting a cake designed like the national flag on the birth anniversary of party president Sonia Gandhi, police said on Sunday.
The two Congressmen, state general secretary Subhash Sharma and Raipur city unit president Inderchand Dhariwal, were booked under Section 2 of the Prevention of Insults to National Honour Act, 1971.
"It`s a very serious offence. We have registered the complaint as all local dailies carried photographs of the Congress leaders cutting the tri-coloured cake at the state party headquarters on Thursday," police inspector IH Khan said.
Chhattisgarh`s ruling Bharatiya Janata Party has sought immediate action against the two.
Sources say state Congress president Dhanendra Sahu and some other senior leaders have expressed their strong displeasure over the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch