Congress observes bandh in Chhattisgarh to condemn Naxal attack
Raipur: The state-wide bandh called by main opposition Congress in protest against the Naxal attack in Sukma district in Chhattisgarh on Friday received good response, the party claimed.
Sixteen people, including 15 security personnel, were killed in the Naxal attack on Tuesday.
The main markets here remained closed on Friday. The State Chamber of Commerce supported the strike. Shops, petrol pumps and cinemas also remained shut.
Because of the ongoing examinations, schools had been excluded from the bandh.
The bandh reportedly got a good response in Naxal-affected Bastar region of the state as well.
Congress said people participated in the bandh voluntarily and it reflected the resentment against the BJP government in the state.
State Congress spokesperson Shailesh Nitin Trivedi alleged that while the state government was apathetic towards the Naxal menace, some BJP leaders were actually in cahoots with the rebels.
He cited the example of arrest of an accomplice of the ultras from the car of BJP leader Sohan Potai.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know