Congress observes bandh in Chhattisgarh to condemn Naxal attack
Raipur: The state-wide bandh called by main opposition Congress in protest against the Naxal attack in Sukma district in Chhattisgarh on Friday received good response, the party claimed.
Sixteen people, including 15 security personnel, were killed in the Naxal attack on Tuesday.
The main markets here remained closed on Friday. The State Chamber of Commerce supported the strike. Shops, petrol pumps and cinemas also remained shut.
Because of the ongoing examinations, schools had been excluded from the bandh.
The bandh reportedly got a good response in Naxal-affected Bastar region of the state as well.
Congress said people participated in the bandh voluntarily and it reflected the resentment against the BJP government in the state.
State Congress spokesperson Shailesh Nitin Trivedi alleged that while the state government was apathetic towards the Naxal menace, some BJP leaders were actually in cahoots with the rebels.
He cited the example of arrest of an accomplice of the ultras from the car of BJP leader Sohan Potai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch