Congress observes bandh in Chhattisgarh to condemn Naxal attack
Raipur: The state-wide bandh called by main opposition Congress in protest against the Naxal attack in Sukma district in Chhattisgarh on Friday received good response, the party claimed.
Sixteen people, including 15 security personnel, were killed in the Naxal attack on Tuesday.
The main markets here remained closed on Friday. The State Chamber of Commerce supported the strike. Shops, petrol pumps and cinemas also remained shut.
Because of the ongoing examinations, schools had been excluded from the bandh.
The bandh reportedly got a good response in Naxal-affected Bastar region of the state as well.
Congress said people participated in the bandh voluntarily and it reflected the resentment against the BJP government in the state.
State Congress spokesperson Shailesh Nitin Trivedi alleged that while the state government was apathetic towards the Naxal menace, some BJP leaders were actually in cahoots with the rebels.
He cited the example of arrest of an accomplice of the ultras from the car of BJP leader Sohan Potai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report