Congress slams BJP govt in Chhattisgarh over Naxal attack on Karma
Raipur: Condemning the Naxal attack on former Leader of Opposition in Chhattisgarh Assembly Mahendra Karma, Congress on Saturday said the ruling BJP government had no presence and hold in the Bastar region.
President of Chhattisgarh Pradesh Congress Committee Nand Kumar Patel alleged here that the incident, which took place near Dantewada district headquarters, shows that there government has ceased to exist in Bastar any more.
Karma had sustained minor injuries after his vehicle was blown up recently by suspected Naxalites while he was on his way to attend a programme at Barsur in Bastar.
Targetting the state government over the incident, Patel told reporters that the attack has brought to light "government`s apathy" towards the security of citizens.
According to sources, there have been three attempts on Karma`s life and many of his relatives had lost their lives in Naxal attacks in the past.
"The attack on Karma, who has been helping the state government in the fight against Naxalism, shows that the state has completely failed in providing security not only to common people but also to the elected representatives," Patel said.
Congress has also called for a strict action against those responsible for assault on Karma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy