Congress to boycott all-party meet in Chhattisgarh
New Delhi: Congress will boycott tomorrow`s all-party meeting convened by the Raman Singh government in Chhattisgarh in the wake of Maoist attack in which 27 people, including senior Congress leaders were killed on May 25.
Party spokesperson Bhakta Charan Das said on Wednesday that the state CLP as also the party have decided to boycott the meeting.
At the AICC briefing earlier, Das had, however, said that the party would be attending the meeting apparently unaware of the decision taken by the state unit.
Das had also attacked the state government for not calling such a meeting before the Congress Parivartan Yatra started.
The state unit has maintained that such meetings have no meaning as the state government did nothing to provide security to the Congress leaders.
Facing strident criticism from Opposition parties for the deadly Naxal attack in Bastar, Chief Minister Singh convened the all-party meeting to discuss the menace.
The decision to convene the all-party meeting had come hours after Congress demanded immediate resignation of the chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof