Congress to give Advani corruption chargesheet
Raipur: Chhattisgarh`s main opposition Congress Friday said it would submit evidence of corruption against the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government to senior BJP leader L.K. Advani.
"We have collected evidence of the Raman Singh government`s scandals that amounts to about Rs.20,000 crore. The party will attempt to submit details to Advani," state Congress chief Nandkumar Patel told reporters.
A chargesheet against Chhattisgarh`s BJP government, earlier submitted to President Pratibha Patil, would be handed over to Advani when he reaches the state on a two-day trip Saturday during his ongoing Jan Chetna Yatra.
The chargesheet lists details of alleged corruption scandals that have happened since December 2003 when the BJP returned to power in the mineral-rich state.
Congress workers will wear black badges during Advani`s trip to protest his visit in Chhattisgarh, Patel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi