Congress to give Advani corruption chargesheet
Raipur: Chhattisgarh`s main opposition Congress Friday said it would submit evidence of corruption against the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government to senior BJP leader L.K. Advani.
"We have collected evidence of the Raman Singh government`s scandals that amounts to about Rs.20,000 crore. The party will attempt to submit details to Advani," state Congress chief Nandkumar Patel told reporters.
A chargesheet against Chhattisgarh`s BJP government, earlier submitted to President Pratibha Patil, would be handed over to Advani when he reaches the state on a two-day trip Saturday during his ongoing Jan Chetna Yatra.
The chargesheet lists details of alleged corruption scandals that have happened since December 2003 when the BJP returned to power in the mineral-rich state.
Congress workers will wear black badges during Advani`s trip to protest his visit in Chhattisgarh, Patel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das